Chi Kung (Qigong) At Yerrinbool
A new group has started in the Southern Highlands at Yerrinbool NSW on Thursday 17 November. Further practice
is intended to be at the Yerrinbool Community Hall each Thursday at 9:30 through 11:00 am, but while waiting for Council to action the application, we are using the space kindly offered by a group member. We had ten, with two more intending to come along next week. The venue is
handy to Bowral, Mittagong, Moss Vale and surrounding areas. If you would like to join in I'd be happy to hear from you -
please call me on 48519001, or via the Contact page on this site.
Covid-19 Awareness and Precautions
There are requirements by State Government and Council, as well as for who is responsible for the
- NSW Health strongly recommends people who are sick or have tested positive to COVID-19 stay home until their symptoms have
- It is strongly recommended to wear a face mask in indoor public spaces and when you can’t physically distance from
- Avoid close contact with people who have cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Wash hands regularly, and use hand sanitiser if in contact with, e.g. shopping trolleys or objects handled by other
- Due to contradictory information published on https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19, it is not in the interests of the passage of
information to include anything else.
Masks and Hand Sanitiser
NSW Govt rules apply. The spacing for meditation and Qigong practice is at least 1.5 meters. It is
therefore an individual decision to wear a mask:
- During Qigong practice.
- During Dao Yin when the spacing is less.
Hand sanitiser is encouraged, however it is also an individual decision.
- When practice starts at the hall, the start time is 9:30 am on Thursdays for a quarterly term based around school holidays.
The schedule will be adjusted to account for public holidays, Easter and Xmas.
- The general routine will be a meditation of approximately 8 minutes - a session on the form being learned - a break - a
further session on the form being learned - a closing meditation.
Classroom Setup and Return State
- Chairs will be already placed in a circle upon arrival for the opening meditation. It will be appreciated if group members
could assist in returning the chairs to clear the floor for practice, and again placing and returning for the closing
- Dependant on the weather, doors and windows may be open before group practice. It would be appreciated if group members
could assist in closing the windows before departure.
- The kitchen facility may be used. It would be appreciated if group members could assist by cleaning up after use.
- A situation may arise where an evacuation is ordered or strongly suggested. The directions of fire authorities or police
are to be followed until clear of the hall premises.
- In the event of an emergency situation requiring cancellation of a practice day, that will be notified to group members via
the group Messenger page, email, or phone.